Needle break, only in 1 design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle break, only in 1 design

I have a purchased design, I'm on my umpteenth test stitch and it keeps breaking a needle, I've changed needles, for instance from needle 10 to needle 12 and it still does it, most always very close to the same spot.

It is on the underlay, an embird design, using a 5.5 mighty hoop, 2 layers of heavy cut away (no material).

I've spent that last 30 minutes trying to find the head of the needle and thus far no luck.
    I'm not sure what to do if I can't find the broken head of the needle.
    I've checked all over the hoop, took off the little metal cover that goes over the bobbin (needle plate).

Help, I'm just not sure what to do!

Many thanks!
    Joanie Carl

It sounds like you are not feeding enough thread into the needle so the thread is putting too much pressure on the needle thus causing it to break. Go into settings and then thread feed. Change the thickness to maybe 5-7. Then change the lower limit to 3 or 4. Be sure to click apply after making those changes. If the thickness is higher you need more thread from the red thread wheels so it catches the bobbin and goes thru the layers of fabric.AS far as finding the tip of the needle you probably aren't going to if you haven't especially after blowing out the area with air. You don't have much choice because sometimes that point is so small we miss it.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Thank you so very much! Your information helped a great deal. When you mentioned the thread feed, it started to make sense.
      There were these very fast long jump stitches in the design, almost from one end to the other of the hoop. The thread wasn't feeding quick enough, and the needle would bend, then break.

I converted that part of the design to wireframe and it solved the problem with the design.

thank you so very much,
      Joanie

Comment

Working...
      X