Needle#10 is not workinc correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle#10 is not workinc correctly

Any ideas why only one needle is not working correctly? I sews a few stitches then I hear a snap, and I get a thread break message. All other needles are working. I have replaed the needle, repositioned the needle to no avail If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it. Thank you in advance.

For starters...Is it facing about 5° to the right and scarf to the back? Go to Maintenance>Head Timing>Bottom Center and see if your needle is centered in the hole in the needle plate.

Comment

In the case where the problem appears to be isolated to the one needle, being number 10 in this case, the entire thread feed path starting with the cone of thread down to and through the needle is suspect.

This is assuming as Mamma Kass is pointing out, the needle is properly oriented and is pushed up into the needlebar all the way and the needleplate is lined up properly also.

specifically, check out the thread feed roller on needle 10. Lift the pinch lever, take off the red roller, remove the face plate cover and then take out the inner thread feed roller. Closely inspect down inside of the roller pocket to see if thread may have built up around the inner gearing and axle shaft, if the gear is broken, lack of lubrication, etc, etc....

These are the things that I would check first. One other item to check, even though it would be a common denominator the wold/should affect all 16 needles would be the main thread feed drive gear. If it is crack/broken and not turning true on it's axle it will cause problems....but beings this is just on #16......check the other things first.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I had the thread feeding tube come unplugged from the back of my machine and cause the same problem. That was the easiest fix ever. Push back on, and YAHOO! No more problem!

Comment

Thank you all. I'll check into this to see if one of these are the problem.
          I'm sure the needle is in correctly. So I'll check everything you suggested.

Comment

Working...
          X