Stretching embroidery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching embroidery...

Anyone got a good tip how to prevent and avoid stretching.
    Seems like there is a part missing in my learning here..

for instance if i make a patch that is 100 embroidiered
    using an appropiate frame for instance now i used a 15cm circle 10216 frame

using for instance a gunold twilly fabric
    and make an filled circle and then text inside the circle
    when its all done it so often tend to be eggshaped rather then a circle...

running amaya os 10, design shop 7, amaya and amaya xt machines.

whats the proper way to fix this... i usually make a test ambroidery just measure and change the size of the embroidery for instace +5% vertically... but really doesn't seem the way to do and pretty tired of not getting some things correct directly.... how do you deal with all this?

frame is not adjusted after i put the fabric in, the fabric is firm in frame
    i even tried to use backing eventhough twilly already have backing.. i usually do not make 100 filled patches on twilly as its already coloured but still this really haunts my production flow...

the embroidery i just was supposed to be 11cm heigh and wide... well a circle... atleast it was that in designshop

the end embroidery result in the amaya was a 11 wide and 10cm heigh "egg"

Comment

This sounds like you need to apply pull compensation. Fill usually tends to fall short a bit in the direction that the stitches are running, so if your stitches are running horizontally a circle becomes an upright oval; if they're running vertically the circle will flatten out in appearance. I always run a test sew out of new designs and record what settings worked so I can use them in the future. Let us know if you need further explanation.

I did a search on the subject and didn't find an exact answer to your problem, but this thread has an excellent related explanation of issues arising from complex fills:

What to use and how to use it. Includes... Digitizing, Needles, Hooping, Backings, Threads, Bobbins & more.

Comment

What is the stitch direction of your fill?
        Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Working...
        X