Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Beep

Hi all

Is it possible to disable the beep that the machine makes at each trim?

Regards
    Andy

No...the beeper is a part of the main control board. It's main purpose is related to safety. It will beep to warn you of machine movements or when first turning on the machine if the E-stop is depressed and when thread or bobbin breaks occur. It was not meant to be disabled.
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

While we are on the subject of disabling things, I'd really like to disable the need to confirm, at the computer, that a trim has been made. I catch most of my thread breaks before the machine does. Then when I have rethreaded I want to go back 10 or so stitches, but I have to 1) hit the stitch back button on the machine, then I get the message on the computer that I must trim or skip that, so I have to 2) find the mouse and move it to the right place and click, then 3) back to the machine and the back button. I know, I know - it is a safety feature, but after all these years, I DON'T NEED IT! And I realize that for all the newbies it should be there. So, What I propose is that there be a secret way known only to techs to disable that safety feature for people like me who are way beyond needing it. It would save SO much time and frustration. This does not seem to be an unreasonable request. Whada you think?
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Hi Juli,

Did you know that when you get a thread break and the machine starts up again it automatically goes back 10 stitches? It does.

Sharon

Comment

Nope, no secret way to get rid of the message. If the machine is allowed to stop on its own, rather than, as you indicated....( I catch most of my thread breaks before the machine does )... the message will not appear. In the case of a "false" thread or bobbin break, the thread will still be attached or if you were to push the "little red' stop button, the thread will still be attached to the garment. To use the jog button or any other function to move the needlecase or the hoop position before the thread is trimmed, would mean that the attached thread would be drug over the garment, bending the needle until either the thread breaks or the needle breaks or the still attached thread gets sewn over making a big mess of things.

As Sharon indicated, the machine will automatically move back 10 stitches when an actual break occurs. In the newer software, you can now set the number of stitches you wish the machine to return to. There is a setting for either the top stitch break or in the case of a bobbin break a separate setting for that too....

It is just one more of those things that tend to annoy us in this wonderful world of embroidery...remember the adhesive spray and WD40 wash...bet you do...?

Comment

10 stitches isn’t enough, but I have it set to 18 stitches. Keeps me from having to do it every time. BUT, that doesn’t address the problem of me stopping the machine when I hear trouble coming. I often stop a thread break before the machine does, so I have to manually back it up 15 or 20 stitches. At a speed of 1200 st/min, 1 sec = 20 stitches. But, of course, I can’t back it up without trimming. Don’t want to trim, so hit the backup button, then go to the computer to hit OK on the screen that pops up, then back to the machine to back up. Such a waste of time! I hate it.

Ah, yes, the adhesive spray. I have given that up and use iron-on no-show on polyester shirts. Regular stabilizer on most other materials. I am using the magnetic hoops mostly now, so I am not getting over tight hooping. If the stabilizer is tight and the shirt is relaxed, that is good. I will get a good sew out.
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I agree with Juli; this is especially annoying with false bobbin breaks. The machine backs up 10 stitches stretching the thread, but the bobbin isn't broken so I have to go through the "backup button, computer OK button, backup button' process that Juli describes just to get my needle back to the position where the false bobbin break occurred.

Comment

Working...
              X