Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terms and Conditions

As our business is growing, we feel the need to have more professionally written terms and conditions with specifics (currently very general) to further protect us. Is there a base/template floating around out there for embroidery shops that you might be willing to share? We don't want to leave anything out or overlook something obvious as we write them. Also, we are curious if most shops write their own or if they hire a lawyer to create them?? Thanks!

One thing I have made sure is well known to any customer bringing in items for embellishment. Is that we will not guarantee replace or repair damage to items we do not provide. Frankly we have never had a problem in this.
    But a family member has and it cost them dearly.
    So before we take anything in for embroidery we inform and have the client sign they accept the responsibility and liability for any work on items they provide.

Before I started my business I was doing small jobs.
    a women who had a beautiful coat she had free motioned embroidered a beautiful tribute to her husbands recently passed best friend (dog).
    it was a full jacket back fall design of three dogs playing in a field along a woods. BEAUITFUL!! I must say..
    She asked that I embroider the dogs name and a sentiment. around it.
    I said I would.
    about half way through a NEEDLE BRAKE!!!! it kept stitching and drilled a 3/8th inch hole in the jacket. I had know Idea what I was going to do.
    she had over 200 hours of freemotion time in this thing!!!
    after this I have made it clear they are the ones that accept the responsibility.
    Note I never told the women about the hole.
    I carefully looked at her design and digitized several very small leaves to match hers in the design and over lapped them on the lettering so it looked
    like the lettering was intergraded in her design.
    SHE LOVED IT and paid me more then quoted as she saw how I knew how much this meant to her to make it special.
    She saw it as love
    I knew it to be a close call and dumb luck.
    it could have gone the other way....
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
    X