Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chenille

Mornin' Everyone,
    Went to a car show in St. Paul yesterday. Minnesota Street Rod Association. First off, unbelievable cars. These weren't your regular street crusin' cars.
    Next topic, the embroidered jackets walking around there were fabulous, including the ones I do....😉 One club was called, Lucky Bastards, not my speed...black wool jackets, cream full back logo, in a chenille stitch. Question is....can I/we do that? I of course stopped one of them and asked questions, guy said he had a heck of a time finding someone who could do it.....so...can we? And how can we?
    Thanks
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

in a word No..
    sorry needs a chenille machine.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Well, "No" is right if you are wanting a true chenille done but we are capable of doing a similar look with our machines. I will try to figure out how to post a photo so you can see what I am talking about.
      Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Chenille look

Sorry, I can't give you the settings to do the Chenille look - maybe Rod can when he is here...
        Sharon
        Attached Files
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

That looks very interesting Sharon. Yes, by all means, we would love the settings to create something like this!

Comment

I have tried this with disappointing results.
            Here is rods post from 2008. to this group

"Chenille Look" is the key term. Real chenille is done with a much heavier thread than what embroidery machines use...close to yarn. SO, the "Look" varies depending on loop height and density set. Maybe going to a really big needle and some really heavy thread might work but I have not played with this feature too much. I know in India they use a very heavy thread...we have some of it and it resembles yarn....may have to try it sometime....

In OS, "Settings", "Machine", disable all thread protection(uncheck), choose "Standard acti-feed" and run the material thickness all the way up to 40....thats as high as it will go. Slow your machine speed don a little and sew.....

In DS you can vary densities to get different effects as well as in OS vary material thickness setting to get differtent effects too...

Settings by Color is a tool that can be utilized in this regard to program a certain needle to switch over to these settings if the chenille is going to be incorporated into the middle f a design some where....

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Good luck...
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
            X