TBS calibration settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBS calibration settings?

just a curiosity question, but if you have lots of false thread and bobbin breaks can you adjust the TBS settings to stop this? if so what will each setting do? there is a offset and a calibration setting.

Hi Lurkin, TBS stands for Thread Break Sensitivity and yes, it can be adjusted. You'll have to play with it and see what runs best with your machine, as each machine may respond slightly different. I address this in more detail on my blog which you can follow on the ASI Stitches Magazine sight under BLOGS. The more negative the number, the more sensitive the thread sensor. Maximum is -100, and minimum is -25. To calibrate your machine for best settings in the TBS, I was told by the DS programmer to run the test calibration design on needle #9 at a speed of 1000 for testing purposes. I have my TBS set to -25 and 20, but that doesn't mean it would work on these numbers for your machine. Move in increments of 1 and don't go lower than 15. Spend some time in this feature and you'll see improved results. Hope this helps! -Geri

Comment

thanks, this has helped.

Comment

Where exactly do you go to do this? I have one machine that just does not want to run without bobbin breaks unless I turn off the bobbin thread detection for a few designs, then I am able to turn it back on and have it sew, but it still is a bit touchy. I have adjusted thread feed, bobbin tensions from more to less, cleaned things, lubed things, slightly wiggled the tension tube, but it has continued to be a problem on this one machine. Perhaps the connector has broken...not sure. Would like to know where to go to make this adjustment in the event this would work on this machine.

Comment

Under Thread Feed settings in OS. If you still have problems, you should definitely call Melco Tech Support. They're great!

Comment

GF... Are you referring to the run/fill settings in ther thread feed sction of OS?
            Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

I have found out from the techs at Melco that this TBS option is only available in version 11 which she said only comes with the EMT 16. However, I also got a newbie tech on the phone, so I hope she was correct as I would like to do this if it's possible with version 10. I do realize we can adjust our thread feed settings, but don't know that this affects the TBS.

Comment

Yes, I am running V11 of OS, and V10 of DS. However, In V.9, the settings are available under thread feed and can be adjusted to your preference if needed. My machine is Amaya XT and not EMT16.

Comment

same here, mine is a XTS running version 11

Comment

Working...
                  X