ideas for needle break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for needle break

have a emt16, new... sewing for 4 hours same design same style hats. started breaking needle same place -- on each hat -- changed out 4x then quit..it is on a letter that is off the center seam. Nothing has changed -- hooping the same, hat brand the same, the color of hat the same. What other things should I check. Ideas??

TIA

The best advice I can give you, because the machines and "software" are so new is to give Melco a call and get this documented. The phone techs can sort out a lot of problems pretty quickly. There has been "updates" to the software and it is important to stay on top of this aspect of the software as everyone is still in the learning/evolution phase of the Version 11 EMT 16 software.
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi. We also have the EMT16 and in the beginning was having the same problem with our hats. I am also a trainer/tech for Melco like Rod is. I asked Scott at Melco what settings he was using in his training class. First, speed up the machine to 1000. That did wonders for us. The next thing we did was to make sure our design sewn from bottom up and from center out as much as possible. When we trace our hats I try to make sure that we are not getting too low that the hat bill rubs too much on the back of the machine, they usually just touch.

I also at our shop use our hat heat press and stamp all our hats to help relax them a bit before sewing.

Hope this helps

Linda Hall

Comment

Working...
      X