Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website

I have hats I want to sell on the internet. About 1 dozen designs in wood on trucker, snapback or pigment washed hats. The internet site is not so much the problem as the shopping cart. Pick a hat, pick a color, pick a design. I think I could just charge a flat rate of $25 to $30 and that would include postage.

I heard someone say that the "magic" happens outside one's comfort zone and this is way outside my comfort zone, but I think this is where the "magic" will happen. Anyone have a suggestion how I can set this up?
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

What web site or shopping cart are you using?

Comment

I have been querying my customers and one of them, bless her heart, Got me up and started on Etsy. I am still working on getting all my info in there and making all my samples and taking good pictures. A few days ago I didn't have any jobs, but now I am slammed. So, I am going with Etsy, at least for now. I will be able to do things like change the color of hats and the quantity available without extra charges. They charge $0.20 per listing and I am making each different design a separate listing. Within each listing I can have lots of colors and styles of hats. Then with each sale, they charge 3.5% which includes the CC fee. So not too expensive. Anyway, I am going to try this out. I plan to make the Koa wood designs ahead of time and only heat press them on when I get an order. The other big problem is shipping. I think I am going to go with US Post Office Regional Box A and First Class Parcel. The FC Parcel has a box weight limit of 13 oz, but, for 1 hat, it is under 9 oz including a nice oversize box. Problem with FC is that, at present, I can't print the postage from the internet. Only with someone like Stamps.com which I don't have now. If I get a lot of orders I might just go with Stamps.com, but for now I'll use the Regional Box A or make a trip to the post office for FC postage. Oh, and Esty can provide a shipping label. And I am including the postage in the price of the hat to make it simple for me. I just hope all this works for me. So many combinations and permutations!

Comment

Juli, don't you take Paypal as your payment method? If so, you can print First Class labels through paypal. I've been selling online for 15 years (mostly ebay).
        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I think, but am not sure that they take PayPal. But the charge per sale is the same percentage.

Comment

What I meant is that when someone buys something from you on Etsy, they pay with Paypal. So then you can go into the paypal payment and print a First Class shipping label that way.
            Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I am so new at this. I have my samples ready and am going to try to get them all in today. You would think I had something better to do on the 4th of July!

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
                I am so new at this. I have my samples ready and am going to try to get them all in today. You would think I had something better to do on the 4th of July!
                Ha. I did 72 hats today... And in a personal record with my big reds - didn't have a single thread break! Woo hoo.
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

72 hats with no thread breaks? That must be a record!

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
                    72 hats with no thread breaks? That must be a record!
                    I know - I didn't even want to say anything while it was going on. It was like going for a no hitter in baseball - you don't speak about it while you are in it. I was amazed.
                    John Yaglenski
                    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
                    X