Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats

Hi,

New to the forum, new to Amaya XT and new to embroidery. I want to sew a design on a hat, but it is too high and not close enough to the bill. How do I move the design down? In the software I move the design as close to the border of the hoop that I can. Thanks!

Hoop key and arrow up or down on the keypad. Be sure to watch on screen and keep the design within the hoop limits. Also make sure the correct hoop is selected.

Finally, always trace your design before sewing.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

We try to keep our design size to under 2inches to make sure things don't shift when stitching. Also be sure to stitch from the center out and from the bottom up.
      Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

IMG_0113.jpg

Thanks John and Wishes for the comments. I do all those suggestions, but still get the design too far up on the hat? Hope the pic helps.
        Wayne

Comment

You should be able to get closer to the brim than that using the keypad as I mentioned.

The design is pretty big as well. I'd either make the outer circle smaller (bringing it closer to the letters so there isn't quite so much white space) or size the whole design down a tad. How tall is it?

Are you using a CCF or WACF? Do you have the correct frame selected in the OS? The closest you are going to get to the brim is about .5 - .75 ish inches depending on the frame and how well you hoop
          John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

To me, the design does not look TOO big. There is plenty of room at the bottom to move the design down a bit so it is centered between the rim and the holes at the top.
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I don't feel so lost!

John, I am using the Graphite WACF hoop. I see a Red CCF hoop as an option. Should I try that?
              The design measures 3.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches high. It is now 1 inch from the bill. If I could get it 1/2 inch closer or even 1/4 inch closer, that would be great.

Comment

load the hoop you are using.

as far as John's feeling the design was too big,
                I agree as far as the out line seems too far away from the
                numbers.
                it may look better closer.
                Attached Files
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Anyone else getting this across the page Amaya ad that won't go away?
                  Hidden Cottage

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden Cottage View Post
                    Anyone else getting this across the page Amaya ad that won't go away?
                    Can you take a screen shot? We did add an ADVERTISMENT on the first post (have to pay for the site somehow) but it shouldn't be going across the whole page?
                    John Yaglenski

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
                      load the hoop you are using.

as far as John's feeling the design was too big,
                      I agree as far as the out line seems too far away from the
                      numbers.
                      it may look better closer.
                      Like that a lot better....
                      John Yaglenski

Comment

WSWHITING Put your design into Design Shop, flip it upside down, then position the uppermost part of the design(&center left to right) directly under the horizontal red line which is your "origin" marker on your screen. Then load it directly from DS to the machine. Mark your hat 1/2" up from the brim. Now move your design using the hoop and arrow keys so that the red light shines on that mark on hat. Now trace. Your design should now go as low as that mark which is where you want it for placement above the brim. Only 1 1/2" tall design should leave you more than enough room to maneuver in your frame.

Comment

Originally posted by ckramer View Post
                          WSWHITING Put your design into Design Shop, flip it upside down, then position the uppermost part of the design(&center left to right) directly under the horizontal red line which is your "origin" marker on your screen. Then load it directly from DS to the machine. Mark your hat 1/2" up from the brim. Now move your design using the hoop and arrow keys so that the red light shines on that mark on hat. Now trace. Your design should now go as low as that mark which is where you want it for placement above the brim. Only 1 1/2" tall design should leave you more than enough room to maneuver in your frame.
                          If they mark the hat .5 inches from the brim and then center on that using the laser light, the design will be out of the hoop limits as it will use that as the center point. Right?

Would be better to load the design in OS as you mentioned, then move using the keypad while watching on screen till the design is just above the dotted line hoop limits, then do a trace. Assuming you have the correct hoop selected in the OS, it should show you exactly where the lowest point is.
                          John Yaglenski

Comment

John, if you place the design to either sit on, or hang from the horizontal bar using the origin grid in DS your laser light will reflect the origin point which now will be the very top or very bottom of your design if you place it as said in my post. Try it out and see. Perhaps I did not explain the "how to" part very well. I haven't figured out how to attach images to these post so sadly I can't show what I mean. Your more than welcome to e-mail me and I can send you a jpg. of how it should be positioned. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X