Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! I have tried everyone else :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! I have tried everyone else :)

My current software is Design Shop Pro Plus 5.07.048 and Operating Software is 5.07.056

I cannot print or view Print Preview. Consequently I cannot estimate stitches, sew templates or view on paper. I have selected Print Design, Origin and Grid. The screen is blank and allows no options. The print out shows graph squares only.

This started with the printouts not printing the hoop. Melco helped me upgrade to 5.7 to hopefully fix the problem. The software has been loaded and reloaded. Now it prints nothing except squares.

Will someone please help me or direct me to someone who can help. I am willing to pay for the help. It seems everyone I speak with says my software is too old for assistance.

Thank you in advance for any help from anyone!
    Debbie in Arizona

Hey Debbie:

If no one can help you before tomorrow, let me know and I'll do my best. Not sure I'll be able to solve the problem but will be glad to walk thru what you are doing and how you are doing it along with your computer setup.

Honestly though - sounds more like a printer driver issue. Do other things sent to the printer do the same - such as web pages, word documents, pdf's etc or is it only design shop?

What's your setup? Computer, Operating System, Printer etc? Can you give some more details?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Help with Print Preview Issue

Hi! John! Thank you so much for offering your help. You helped me years ago with a problem no one else could help me with. I have always been grateful.

Computer Pentium 3 1000 mghz
      Operating System Windows 2000 Service Pack Three
      Printer is Hewlett Packard

This is a computer dedicated to the Amaya. It is the same computer, printer and operating system I have been using for quite a while successfully. The reason I didn't think it was a printer driver issue is because it will print anything else from this computer and within the program just not the Print Preview function. It prints just graph paper when you attempt to do this and the correct view doesn't appear on the screen.

We have been having trouble for so long that perhaps I am doing something really stupid causing this problem. If that is the case I cannot identify it. It started with just the hoop not printing.

I have been trying to get help from Melco. First they told me to upgrade to 5.7 and sent me the wrong disk. That took a few days. Then they sent me a replacement disk with an upgrade to the operating system. That took a few more days. Then I couldn't use the Design Shop function without an upgrade for it. They sent it to me but again another fw days. We are subcontracting out orders but as you know that means no profit.

Please tell me how to contact you tomorrow. I would be glad to telephone you anytime you say and wait for a call back if you can't help me at that time. Do I sound desperate? Yep I am!

Thanks John and thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
      Debbie in Arizona

Comment

Dear Debbie,
        What did you do right before this problem started. Change anything or add new software, printer, etc. I am assuming things worked correctly up until this problem.
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

There were no changes prior to the problem starting. This computer is dedicated to the Amaya. In the beginning it just wouldn't always print the hoop. Then it would print the design but not the size, stitch count, etc. Then it quit printing anything except graph paper when I attempt to print and the screen shows nothing. I have the correct options selected.

Any ideas?
          Debbie in Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X