applique cut outs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applique cut outs?

anybody by chance using a die cut machine to cut out applique pieces for embroidery? if so what are you using?

You don't want to "die cut". You want to laser cut. Find someone with a laser, figure out how to provide the format he needs and get him to do it. You can iron-on a light adhesive before laser cutting so you can iron it down so it won't move during sewing. I have a laser and just love it!
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

What laser do you have and is it affordable?

Comment

I have a very expensive but totally awesome Permaboss 40 watt laser made specifically to laser while holding a hoop from you embroidery machine. I sure beats cutting the applique first then sewing. With the Permaboss laser, you sew an over sized material down first, then laser the shape out, then maybe go back an sew again. It sounds complicated when I try to explain it, but it really is easy and everything lines up perfectly. I just did three shirts with an applique of "Bye Girl" in Turquoise felt with white thread. Came out awesome! Nobody but nobody is doing this in my area!

Permaboss has a smaller and less expensive model that you can check out. But if you just want to cut out appliques, really any small laser will do it. But check out the Permaboss lasers because. for embroidery, they can do far more that other "normal" lasers. Check out Permaboss's YouTubes by searching Permaboss Laser.

I also cut out thin wood designs to apply to hats. Just awesome and I make a good profit on it. Send me a private message and I'll send some pictures.
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli,
          I'd like to see that too. Thin wood applied to hats. Sounds very interesting.....
          Susan
          @Hidden Cottage
          Hidden Cottage

Comment

Working...
          X