New Mighty Hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mighty Hoop

Announced on their Facebook page- there is a new 6.5 " Mighty Hoop. Is it possible to use these without the Hoop Master for items like bags?

I made my own hooping station including a cross-hair laser for line up. Cost? I bought the laser light for $89. The base and the platform for the shirt to go on are cutting boards from Wal Mart. With a few fixtures from Home Depot and a few screws, I put it together. I had a laser cut me some 3/8 plastic in the shape of the top and bottom of the hoop. Had my hubby drill holes the them, down into the cutting board. Then glued dowels into the holes of the plastic pieces. Made 2 sets of holes - one for the 4.5" hoop and one for the next size up. Occasionally, I need it for a larger hoop and just use tape to hold it temporarily. It works very well and cost me about $135, with the laser cross-hair fixture the most expensive part @ $89. And BTW, I use Scotch tape to hold down the stabilizer.

For the above question, you really don't need a hooper to hoop a bag. I try to mark the center of the design with chalk. Then just shove the bottom of the hoop inside, centering the mark, then drop the top part on it! And presto - it is hooped.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have many mighty hoops and I love them. Yes you can use them without hoop master

Comment

DIY Laser Station

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
        I made my own hooping station including a cross-hair laser for line up. Cost? I bought the laser light for $89. The base and the platform for the shirt to go on are cutting boards from Wal Mart. With a few fixtures from Home Depot and a few screws, I put it together. I had a laser cut me some 3/8 plastic in the shape of the top and bottom of the hoop. Had my hubby drill holes the them, down into the cutting board. Then glued dowels into the holes of the plastic pieces. Made 2 sets of holes - one for the 4.5" hoop and one for the next size up. Occasionally, I need it for a larger hoop and just use tape to hold it temporarily. It works very well and cost me about $135, with the laser cross-hair fixture the most expensive part @ $89. And BTW, I use Scotch tape to hold down the stabilizer.

For the above question, you really don't need a hooper to hoop a bag. I try to mark the center of the design with chalk. Then just shove the bottom of the hoop inside, centering the mark, then drop the top part on it! And presto - it is hooped.
        You rock Woman!
        Send out photos? My husband is a handyman too, maybe we could throw one together here...
        Susan
        @Hidden Cottage
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

Unless...it's just way more reasonable to fly over there and take a look, naw....
          Just dreamin'
          S...
          @Hidden Cottage
          Hidden Cottage

Comment

Post here... I'd love to see too...
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Juli please post a picture! Thanks everyone for the advice. I've been wanting to try them for a long time now.

Comment

hi juli,
                here is a link where u can upload fotos and copy the received link into your post....that's it..
                click on "durchsuchen" than search for the pic on your storage place u want to upl. than click on "upload starten"....
                when filetransfer is done, u get a link..mark it and paste it into your post..
                werner

Comment

Working...
                X