Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loose tie offs -- coming unraveled -- and I'm coming unraveled too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose tie offs -- coming unraveled -- and I'm coming unraveled too!

I talked to Melco to see if it was a bug with OS and they said if it's doing it with an .ofm and an .exp file, then it probably is my machine. Does anyone know what could be causing a loose tie off? It's when doing satin stitches -- it does a tie off, but it's so loose that it just comes apart and the top stitches start unraveling. I've had to redo so many orders and am losing money like crazy! I have it set for the default tie off, but I've tried all the other tie offs and same thing happens. I need help desperately! I have the most recent version of OS 10 -- downloaded from a link that Melco serviceman directed me to a couple months ago. Are there some things on my machine that I could check before calling serviceman? I've never had service where I live now -- near Colorado Springs, CO -- I guess Denver is the closest? Anyone know the servicemen in this area? Help!
    Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

I should have said everything else is working fine on machine and I keep up with maintenance, even more than when it prompts me to.

Comment

Oops, I meant to say I have the most recent version of OS from a link that a customer service rep directed me to -- NOT a service man.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
        Oops, I meant to say I have the most recent version of OS from a link that a customer service rep directed me to -- NOT a service man.
        What version number specifically.

Have you tried a complete uninstall - wipe away the directory and fresh reinstall?
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

It's Version 10.01.001. Before I installed it, I uninstalled and deleted anything that was Melco related.
          The service tech on the phone said that they are not seeing any problems with "loose tie offs" -- that if it's tying off but just loose, that it's probably something wrong with the machine. I just did a stitch out of the same design (just a simple satin stitched box) but one was an .ofm and one was an .exp -- and they both had the loose tie off issue.

Comment

Hmm - we are running the same on our 4 Reds and can't say I have seen that issue.

Hoping someone else can offer ideas. When is the last time you have had the machine serviced?
            John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I've never had a problem with the machine so I've never had it serviced. I guess it's time to call a technician. Isn't there a list somewhere by state of certified service technicians? I thought I saw one somewhere. On the Melco site, I've just seen the map with the "red dots" on it. Thanks!

Comment

I've never had a problem with the machine so I've never had it serviced. I guess it's time to call a technician. Isn't there a list somewhere by state of certified service technicians? I thought I saw one somewhere. On the Melco site, I've just seen the map with the "red dots" on it. Thanks!
                Yep - the red dots when you hover over them show the contact information:

John Yaglenski

Comment

Melco has added an update to there service website. Go to http://www.melco-service.com/ and then go to the bottom of the page and one of the squares is FAQ. Click on this button and it leads to a lot of good information for self-help and questions. One of the tabs is for technicians. Click on your state to find the tech in your area.
                  This site has all kinds of information that all of us might take a look at.
                  Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Well, an update to my original post. The service phone tech suggested that there's probably something wrong with my machine because he hadn't heard of loose tie-offs. (I know I remember someone else on this forum a while back also stating that they had loose tie-offs?) So I called John Hanson, certified service tech in Colorado and he suggested lowering my presser foot and acti-feed -- which neither made any difference. Then I remembered when I was on the phone with the Melco tech, he had me look in OS under Tools, Design Filter and he said that the "Optimize Locks" should be UNchecked, which mine was. So I went in and for the heck of it, CHECKED the Optimize Locks. Well, now my machine is doing normal tie-offs!!! If you're having trouble with loose tie-offs, try it! And has anyone ever used John in Colorado for machine service? Your experience?

Comment

Well, an update to my original post. The service phone tech suggested that there's probably something wrong with my machine because he hadn't heard of loose tie-offs. (I know I remember someone else on this forum a while back also stating that they had loose tie-offs?) So I called John Hanson, certified service tech in Colorado and he suggested lowering my presser foot and acti-feed -- which neither made any difference. Then I remembered when I was on the phone with the Melco tech, he had me look in OS under Tools, Design Filter and he said that the "Optimize Locks" should be UNchecked, which mine was. So I went in and for the heck of it, CHECKED the Optimize Locks. Well, now my machine is doing normal tie-offs!!! If you're having trouble with loose tie-offs, try it! And has anyone ever used John in Colorado for machine service? Your experience?
                      Not sure of his current status but John was the tech trainer for Melco... He's the guy who taught me how to maintain machines.

Tried to reach out to him a few weeks back at his Melco address... Nice guy.
                      John Yaglenski

Comment

Working...
                      X