New Computer no longer loads the AOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer no longer loads the AOS

Got a new computer about 10 days ago. Loaded both DS Pro+ and AOS. Everything worked with no problems. I did several jobs with the new computer. BUT now the AOS will not load. It starts to load, I get the box with all the info, then that disappears and I just have the wall paper. When I bring up the Task Manager, it says AOS is running. If I turn on my XT, the 2 files load and I can see the box with that info in the upper left of my screen. It was never there before - it was in the center of my screen. And then I can see it loading my previous design in its own boxes. But no program that I can see. Now, if I try to load a new design, I get an error message. I can load DS and have no problems with that. The dongle is in. I have reloaded the program several times thinking that that would help. Since this is a new computer Win10, I don't know if this is a computer problem or a software problem, or maybe a compatibility problem. But it did work for a few days. I'm stumped and I have a small job due tomorrow. Any ideas?
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
    Got a new computer about 10 days ago. Loaded both DS Pro+ and AOS. Everything worked with no problems. I did several jobs with the new computer. BUT now the AOS will not load. It starts to load, I get the box with all the info, then that disappears and I just have the wall paper. When I bring up the Task Manager, it says AOS is running. If I turn on my XT, the 2 files load and I can see the box with that info in the upper left of my screen. It was never there before - it was in the center of my screen. And then I can see it loading my previous design in its own boxes. But no program that I can see. Now, if I try to load a new design, I get an error message. I can load DS and have no problems with that. The dongle is in. I have reloaded the program several times thinking that that would help. Since this is a new computer Win10, I don't know if this is a computer problem or a software problem, or maybe a compatibility problem. But it did work for a few days. I'm stumped and I have a small job due tomorrow. Any ideas?
    Are you sure the "window" didn't get somehow shrunk down so it's hardly visible?

When you launch the program - does it show the icon in the taskbar with a line below it? If so, mouse over it - and a preview will come up - move your mouse over that preview square and choose maximize.

Other than that - maybe a video driver issue? You probably will have an Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon card in your computer - go to the mfgr's website and get the latest windows 10 driver.

Hmmm.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Bingo! At least it got me to thinking in a different way. I did update the drivers but I don't think that was the problem. I started AOS from Program File. Starting from there it runs fine! You understand I am in a new operating system for me - Win 10. Don't quite know what I'm doing. I'm just fumbling from one thing to another. But I got it working! And THANK YOU, John!
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
      X