stepper error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stepper error

My machine shows a stepper error when trimming. I have taken the needle plate off and blow air into it, as well as oiled etc. It makes a "grinding" type noise when it performs. It was doing this a while ago, then stopped. I went away for a long weekend, started stitching yesterday and it's back to doing it. Any suggestions? I am contacting my tech and he will put me on his schedule for when he's in my neck of the woods. Thanks!
    Blessings~cindy

I have searched the forum for answers to my question and the search engine gives me so many unrelated hits...does anyone have anything to add as to what I can do to help this problem until my tech can see me? It is doing this after every "trim" and I have to push start each time to get it going. Thanks for any help you can give me. As usual, I have an order due tomorrow and this is taking me so long!
    Blessings~cindy

Comment

Cindy,

Grinding noise? Where does it sound like it is coming from? If it seems to be from the back of the machine or deep in the machine then it is probably one of the stepper motors that drive the knife and selector.

If it is from the front of the sewing arm then it is in the selector/knife housing.

Take off the needle plate.

In OS, go into "Maintenence", "Steppers" and in the columns labled "Cutter" and "Selector", left click on the IN and OUT tabs for each one respectively. Watch to see that each one moves in and out freely without dragging and that the push rod wires are connected to the knife and selector.

Look at the underneath side of the needle plate, does it look like anything has been rubbing/grinding against the top inside of it?

Make sure the knife is installed in it's carrier correctly and that the spring clip that holds the knife carrier assembly is correctly snapped in place.

There is a possibility that one of the pushrod wires/cables are bent or kinked and not allowing full movement of the cutter or selector.

If everything here is in order then, the problem is probably with the stepper motor assembly's for either the cutter or selector in the rear of the machine which would mean, "tech time.".

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Cindy,

What did you find? Just curious....

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod, Thanks for your tips and help...it is still doing it and I will see my tech this week. I can sew but the noise is there and I have to push start after nearly every cut. I think this has happened before to me. Also, the cutter did come off of the little plate and I was able to lift and put it back on that small hook.

Thanks, again, for your suggestions and help. I really do appreciate your time.
          Blessings~cindy

Comment

Help!!!! I have same problem!! Replaced broken selector push/pull wire cable and now noise in back at eccentric or whatever the term is!!! Quiet when I select out but makes noise when pulled back in....what can I try?????

Comment

Working...
            X