Advice-Digitizing,Needle Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice-Digitizing,Needle Size

So I had this digitized and am not happy with the results.
    I am very new to this machine but have put quite bit through it with only minor issues.
    Also many designs digitized by same company, no issues.

Questions:

Is this text just too small?
    Are the 75/11 needles too big for this?
    Poly 40 ok?

Media is Scrub Tops....

Any feedback much appreciated, Any recommendations on Good digitizing , preferably someone familiar with the XT...

Is there a way I can upload the digitized file?
    The pdf will not upload...... It is 3 x 1.7

Thanks !!
    Attached Files

What font are you using?

Comment

If you use a #10 needle instead of the larger #11, it will make a BIG difference. With the #10 needle, you can still use the 40 wt regular poly thread. If you have really small letters, you can use the #9 needle, but this requires that you use 60 wt thread. But you can do lettering that is less than 1/16". Also, I'd use an iron-on no-show stabilizer with a light wt tear away under it.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thank you for the advice, I am ordering smaller needles.
        I should have had them already....

I have used the zip file method to attach the .cnd file they sent me, and the original .cdr I sent them.
        I still think the Digitizing is bad though and would love a reference for someone I can trust when its a serious project. Or I am wrong and this file is fine

I am currently doing 200 scrubs with some nice .24 inch text just fine,
        The text in this is goes down to .19 though......
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with the digitizing, except they have round nodes on the straight borders of the three squares. No round nodes should be on straight objects. If you just delete them, you'll see the column straighten out slightly. Also, the 3 squares could benefit from some underlay. The is an awfully big area to do without underlay. However, if that part sew out OK then leave it. And, yes, the small letter can benefit from using the #10 needles.

I use # 10 needles all the time for everything. I hope you are buying needles by the 100. That way they cost less than a quarter ea.

Comment

Ok I am looking at the Organ DBK5-10/70 sharps..

Yes at less than .25/per

The customer sent me purple Scrubs so now I have to add a white Back Ground to maintain the logo integrity..LOL What next...

Either way my main issue was the text, I am hoping the needles sort it out. Thanks for the help...

Comment

I suggest that you tell your customer to make the column outlines of the 3 squares white or the same green as the letters inside. If you can't do that yourself, let me know ( julid at hawaii.rr.com)and I'll fix the file for you. That would solve the contrast problem and NOT ADD any stitches. Your customer would probably go for that especially when you tell them how much more it is going to cost them to add another outline. Customer just don't think of things like contrast so you have to educate them.

Comment

I would try and use 60 or 90 wt thread with a #9 needle.
                with this design I would not use no show
                I would use a 2oz cutaway tearaway will not form sts as well.
                scrubs are not that stable and are thin.

Frankly I see the lettering at .167 as too small and too many letters crammed
                into 2.7 inch length, you have 28 letters (including spaces) in that space which
                gives each less then 1/10 th of an inch.

I would try and see if you could use EMERGENCY NURSES ASSO.
                or just Emergency nurses it would give you much more room.

I was able to sew your file with a #9 needle and black bobbin thread 90 wt.
                I still feel it needs more room

would they accept
                EMERGENCY NURSE
                A S S O C A T I O N

or you could just increase the design to 3.5" wide

that will increase the lettering to .25"
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

I truly appreciate all the responses I got on this.
                  My ultimate solution was a combination of both smaller needle, and Enlarging the design a bit.
                  Job went fine after that!! Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X