Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide angle cap frames

Hello everyone

I'm about to buy my first amaya machine in the couple of months. And I wanted to know where can I buy more 270 wide caps frames other than from the melco web store and links would be great.

Thanks
    Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, I have an extra 270 cap frame for the AMAYA, other frames as well. [email protected]

Comment

I believe you get 2 hat hoops with the original purchase. Why would you need more than 2?
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
        I believe you get 2 hat hoops with the original purchase. Why would you need more than 2?
        The reason I'm going to be doing plenty of hats and I want to set them on frames so I won't have to stop and do it one by one.

Comment

I have one customer in particular that I do lots of hats for. I have 2 hoops, when one hat is stitching, I hoop the next. Two hoops (frames) work fine... Just what I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie H View Post
            I have one customer in particular that I do lots of hats for. I have 2 hoops, when one hat is stitching, I hoop the next. Two hoops (frames) work fine... Just what I have found.
            how many hats can you do in a week? I have a couple of customers that want to get 100+ hats all the time and I want to get them there hats in a timely manner.

Comment

Depends on how may machines you have. If you only have one machine and if you ONLY take into account actual sewing time....lets round off the sewing speed to 1000spm and lets say you have a 10,000 thousand stitch design. AND lets say you live in that perfect world where you encounter 000 thread breaks....

It would take 10 minutes of sew time to sew one cap....that would be 6 caps per hour. That would be 48 caps in a solid 8 hour day....stretch that to 10 solid hours per day to get 60 caps. This would mean 2 days at 8 hours a day or 1 1/2 days+ at the 10 hour day or if you really like to work non-stop 100 caps divided by 6 = 16.6 hours...... extrapolate that up or down depending on what kind of time you are will to sacrifice , what and how big the design is, etc, etc

Don't forget, this is only sew time.....ordering and stocking product, cutting backing, hooping, trimming and clean up, re-packing and getting product ready for pick up and dealing with the customer before and after the job is done....

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
                Depends on how may machines you have. If you only have one machine and if you ONLY take into account actual sewing time....lets round off the sewing speed to 1000spm and lets say you have a 10,000 thousand stitch design. AND lets say you live in that perfect world where you encounter 000 thread breaks....

It would take 10 minutes of sew time to sew one cap....that would be 6 caps per hour. That would be 48 caps in a solid 8 hour day....stretch that to 10 solid hours per day to get 60 caps. This would mean 2 days at 8 hours a day or 1 1/2 days+ at the 10 hour day or if you really like to work non-stop 100 caps divided by 6 = 16.6 hours...... extrapolate that up or down depending on what kind of time you are will to sacrifice , what and how big the design is, etc, etc

Don't forget, this is only sew time.....ordering and stocking product, cutting backing, hooping, trimming and clean up, re-packing and getting product ready for pick up and dealing with the customer before and after the job is done....

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                I think what Rod so expertly is pointing out as well here is - if you have regular 100+ cap orders, it's not more frames you are just going to need - it's more machines. When we have large cap orders, it's pretty normal for me to run 3 of our 4 machines and sometimes all 4 (depending on the sew out time). We have 2 frames per machine and usually sew caps at 850-950spm.

Used Amaya's on the market start in the 3-4k range and go up from there.
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  I think what Rod so expertly is pointing out as well here is - if you have regular 100+ cap orders, it's not more frames you are just going to need - it's more machines. When we have large cap orders, it's pretty normal for me to run 3 of our 4 machines and sometimes all 4 (depending on the sew out time). We have 2 frames per machine and usually sew caps at 850-950spm.

Used Amaya's on the market start in the 3-4k range and go up from there.
                  thanks everyone this is why I joined this forum so insightful. I'm looking at getting a used one but best price I seen was in the 5-7k range I was told melco sell refurbished machines, so I will be looking into that first before I buy a used one from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_design_group View Post
                    thanks everyone this is why I joined this forum so insightful. I'm looking at getting a used one but best price I seen was in the 5-7k range I was told melco sell refurbished machines, so I will be looking into that first before I buy a used one from someone else.
                    Ebay isn't usually the best place to look Most items there are in the that 5-8k range - though if the 5k includes DS and AOS, that's not such a bad deal.

We've paid 4500, 3800 and 2500 for our 2nd, 3rd and 4th original reds in that order - the most recent one being last year. We did have to do what would amount to about 1k worth of work on the last one. It worked, but we upgraded some parts and replaced one worn out part - and all the machines get a yearly tune up. They have served us well.

Anyway, deals are out there if you have patience.
                    John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Here are some things to think about when buying a used Amaya. The original Amayas, affectionally referred to as Big Reds, because of their coloring, had a weak point. They used a laser system to aid in stopping the color change motor at a given color. If this laser system was not cleaned/blown out, on a regular basis and it got dirty or obstructed in anyway, the machine would lose track of what color or where it was suppose to stop...this was a problematic issue mainly because of operator error in failing to maintain the system properly.

They also have a flat topped sewing arm, which is ok and works fine but was improved on the later XT series by redesigning it to a smaller round arm.

The XT, XTS, EMT16 series of machines use "encoders" on the motors that did away with the lasers in the color change system. Much less problematic , servicewise for the customer....

We have both, but with the Amayas, the evolution of the design and software has improved over time. The availability of parts is not an issue as internally the machines have not changed all that much in design...stronger motors, changes in material composition, etc...the EMT16 does have some design differences, for example , in the takeup lever and rotary hook/trimmer area, but for the most part parts are interchangeable ......

Rod Springer
                      Amaya Tech & Trainer
                      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
                        Here are some things to think about when buying a used Amaya. The original Amayas, affectionally referred to as Big Reds, because of their coloring, had a weak point. They used a laser system to aid in stopping the color change motor at a given color. If this laser system was not cleaned/blown out, on a regular basis and it got dirty or obstructed in anyway, the machine would lose track of what color or where it was suppose to stop...this was a problematic issue mainly because of operator error in failing to maintain the system properly.

They also have a flat topped sewing arm, which is ok and works fine but was improved on the later XT series by redesigning it to a smaller round arm.

The XT, XTS, EMT16 series of machines use "encoders" on the motors that did away with the lasers in the color change system. Much less problematic , servicewise for the customer....

We have both, but with the Amayas, the evolution of the design and software has improved over time. The availability of parts is not an issue as internally the machines have not changed all that much in design...stronger motors, changes in material composition, etc...the EMT16 does have some design differences, for example , in the takeup lever and rotary hook/trimmer area, but for the most part parts are interchangeable ......

Rod Springer
                        Amaya Tech & Trainer
                        So the best used machine is the amaya xt because of the laser system being a bit flawed the old version, unless I clean it constantly. All I have to do now is look for a amaya xt that's in a good price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_design_group View Post
                          So the best used machine is the amaya xt because of the laser system being a bit flawed the old version, unless I clean it constantly. All I have to do now is look for a amaya xt that's in a good price range.
                          I would not hesitate to buy a well maintained original red. Better value and ours have run for the last 10 years and we are using them night and day now.

And its not constant maintenance, its regular scheduled maintenance - stay on top of it as you would with any machine. We haven't had any issues in that area.

If you can get a deal on an XT, go for it because of the advantages Rod mentioned. One thing though... The XT's did have trimmer issues at release and the EMT's have had their own problems. No machine is perfect... But that said, the Amaya line has served many people here very well. We love ours.

Either way, the software that runs our machines today has had 4-5 major upgrades since we bought it. Our machines sew BETTER today than they did when we bought them because of that.
                          John Yaglenski

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I would not hesitate to buy a well maintained original red. Better value and ours have run for the last 10 years and we are using them night and day now.

And its not constant maintenance, its regular scheduled maintenance - stay on top of it as you would with any machine. We haven't had any issues in that area.

If you can get a deal on an XT, go for it because of the advantages Rod mentioned. One thing though... The XT's did have trimmer issues at release and the EMT's have had their own problems. No machine is perfect... But that said, the Amaya line has served many people here very well. We love ours.

Either way, the software that runs our machines today has had 4-5 major upgrades since we bought it. Our machines sew BETTER today than they did when we bought them because of that.
                            Thanks for the insight any machine I buy I just have to make sure I maintain it properly. When I get my machine I'm going to get the customers images digitized by a professional so it can be done the right way.

Comment

Working...
                            X