X-carriage won't center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-carriage won't center

I have a "red" Amaya, running OS V9. I stopped the machine midway through a 50,000 stitch design and turned it off. We had bad weather coming in and ultimately lost power. When power resumed I turned everything back on and found that it did not pick up where I left off, which wasn't the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that the s-carriage is not centered. The design is centered on the screen but when I do a trace it is completely off-center. I have repeatedly turned the machine off and OS off, resaved and then reloaded the design; centered from the software and also the control pad and nothing seems to work. I am afraid to sew anything on the chance that it hits the hoop or the arms. Any ideas? Hopefully you can tell from the picture that the arms are about 2" off center.
    Attached Files

Try turning the machine off and then manually moving the pantograph; it doesn't really matter where you move it . Turn the machine back on and reload your design; it should re-center itself. The best way I have found to make sure the hoop is in the precise place is to move to any stitch near the point in the design where the machine stopped and perform a "bottom center" to ensure the needle is penetrating right where you want it to. The best place to try this is a walk stitch or the end of an isolated column or anywhere that you can identify an isolated stitch.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Thank you so much. Looks like that did it!

Comment

Great, been there, done that. We have power outages if the sun shines too much!

Comment

Working...
        X