Windows 10 on a Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 on a Laptop

Looking at a new computer. ( Laptop) Will a laptop with windows 10, Run Design Shop 9 & run 3 XT's?
    ( OS 9 )

Did you ever find an answer to your question?

Comment

No one answered. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

See if anything on this thread helps:

I've noticed fewer responses to questions posted in the summertime; you may have to post again to get an answer.

Comment

I may just keep on running XP for my machines. Thanks

Comment

I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 with Melco Design Shop V.10 and Melco OS V.11 for about a year, and with the last Microsoft Windows 10 update simultaneous with the Melco update, something caused a glitch and I was faced with having to completely overhaul my hard drive. I was working with a Microsoft Certified Tech when this happened. Don't know what caused the glitch. Maybe Microsoft. Maybe Melco. It's one of those situations where I'll just never know. Faced with a forced computer overhaul, I decided to roll back and install Design Shop V.9 and OS V.9 instead of the latest V10 software. I am running V.9 on Windows 10 in XP mode, with full administrator rights. In fact, I found it communicating smoother with my XT. I also prefer the V.9 Code Sheet over the V.10 font catalog, I prefer the machine settings in the OS end rather than in the Design Shop end. Just makes more sense to me. In the later versions, machine settings are only in the digitizing software and I can't understand why that is. You could use SETTINGS BY COLOR but who has time for that! Also, all the Amaya XT hoop names are referenced as Amaya XT and not the newer models. I also like that. I'm going to stick with Amaya XT/Version 9 for awhile at least. The later Melco versions might be better suited for their newer Melco machines, but I'm finding the latest Version 9 is better suited to Amaya XT and perhaps more compatible. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
            X