Sewing premade patches on caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing premade patches on caps

I've read some threads that people have seen premade patches into caps.. Now I'm looking on instructions on how to accomplish this? And how much would you charge to sew on 250 for customer supplied patches and caps? Thank you so so much for any advise!
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Heat press them on is the way to go. Otherwise it is a one at a time job. Run a placement stitch, carefully place and somehow hold it in place and stitch it on. Not my idea of a fun job. It would be very difficult to do. And they are supplying everything so you have no opportunity to mark up anything. This is a job I would pass on. But if I supplied the patch, I would have it come with heat applied adhesive and, using a hat heat press, heat apply it. Now that would be a good job. Just my 2 cents. And don't be afraid to tell them NO. They sound like they want the absolutely cheapest price and will expect a very low price.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks Juli! I don't even know if the patches have a great adhesive backing.. Not sure why they did just print right on the hat itself. I was thinking of quoting$5 each thinking they won't go for it.? I don't own a hat heat press either!

Comment

Well, @ $5 ea, you can now afford a hat press!

Comment

Where do you buy a hat press?

Comment

Check Craigslist in your area, that's where I found mine.
            Susan
            @Hidden Cottage Embroidery
            Hidden Cottage

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations on brands of CAP heat press?

Comment

Hot tronics is good, It has 2 timers, so you can preheat for 5 sec and then press a patch on for 10 sec. And it pops up automatically. There are lots of good hat presses out there. There are ones that have multiple configurations, like flat 6 X 6, 4 X 4, and 2 X 2, along with ones to do sublimation on cups and plates. Of course they cost more. Personally, I'd avoid Chinese made ones or getting it off eBay as the support might be sketchy. I did get my first one off eBay, but it was a slightly used American made and it is still going strong after all these years. But I do love my Hot-tronics.

Comment

Thanks Juli! I'm going to look into it!

Comment

Working...
                  X