Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Hoops and continuous embroidery

I want to pick some brains out there.

We do quite a bit of what some call continuous embroidery where fairly large designs are embroidered adjacent to each other. I have a good technique for getting almost perfect alignment for each hooping using the larger hoops, but it is very time-consuming. I’ve been trying to figure out if the Mighty Hoop will speed this process along, but I’m not sure that I can get the exact alignment that is required. I’ve thought about making our own large table top “hooping station” but it would probably take more time than I have.
    We also use velvet quite a bit and wondered if anyone has experience using Mighty Hoops with velvet. We have a polyester, silk-like velvet that actually can be gently hooped with conventional hoops so it would probably be ok. We also use a heavier 100% cotton velvet that I have to pin and baste to hooped backing - not so sure how this would fare with the Mighty Hoop.

Any ideas?
    I tried to attach an image, and was able to upload the image to my attachment list but couldn't find "the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon'" to insert it on my post.
    Attached Files

I have found that the magnetic hoops leave far less "hoop burn" than traditional ones. I do a lot of fleece blankets and there is no hoop mark when I take them out. However, I do almost always use topping.

Comment

Thanks for your reply - We usually use topping with the velvet, but I don't usually hoop it - I pin it in place so this may be one more consideration.

Comment

Working...
      X