Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitching on Lycra type fabric

Dear List,
    I have a job I need to get started stitching on 86% poly and 14% spandex. These are custom made cheer jackets. The front left chest already has a logo embroidered using two layers of nylon web. I need to add a 3 X 4 inch design to the back and VARSITY at the bottom. My plan is to use two layers of nylon web for both of these areas in a Mighty Hoop. Spray adhesive would also be used.
    Does anyone ve any other suggestions to make this stitching not pucker or pull.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Lycra has a tendency to push the fabric due to the stretch so I always use a layer of Solvy on top of the fabric which has always given me a nice results. I, too, use two layers of mesh on the underside. Be very careful when hooping that it be taut but not stretched or you will end up with a ruffle once it is removed from the hoop.
    Sharon Springer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

One other thing... You probably want to use a fresh 70/10 or 75/11 ballpoint needle.

Comment

Working...
      X