Bobbin and trimming issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin and trimming issues

I am having problems with my bobbin and my trimmer on my Amaya XT. I will be stitching just fine then it gets sloppy and stops stitching. I have had my machine timed, put in a new bobbin, checked the tension and everything appears great. Then I go to do a trim and it snaps. I have cleaned out the trimmer and replaced it with a new one and oiled it. Any ideas on what is going on?

On my other Amaya XT machine we had the push pull cables replace because they were bent. We replaced both the selector and the trimmer cable. The machine has been timed and rotary has been replaced with new. We have also cleaned and replaced the trimmer with a new blade. This machine sews great but won't trim and the thread snaps every single time. Any suggestion on this one as well?

Thanks!

Did you have a Melco certified tech do the repairs?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have had a certified tech do my repairs. Melco says he is not certified anymore but has worked on my machines for 6 years.

Comment

Assuming that "all" other machine settings are correct and that the hook timing has been set correctly "and" is still in spec, then "if" it is just a trimmer issue:

1. the selector/knife throw is out of adjustment

2. the selector is out of position and is not picking up the top/bobbin thread correctly

3. the pushrod wires are bent again

4. threadfeed gears are worn and is letting the thread slip and not feeding the thread properly creating loose conditions.

5. the underthread pressure spring is not retaining the thread properly.after the knife/selector retracts

This is just some of the issues that may be present relating to the trimming issue
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X