Amaya big red issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya big red issues

Ok, where to start, from the beginning i guess would be best, i broke my upper optical sensor, i bought a new one and replaced it, adjusted all seemed to work fine, adjusted the timing and gap and went to see how it ran from there things progressively got worse , now getting color index erors, head not up errors and now x motor hall errors. Wth did i do!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

X Hall errors... make sure the X carriage rails are well lubricated to relieve drag on the left to right movement of the carriage. It also could be the X motor is going bad.

Color index error.....the lower optical sensor and or flag may be dirty and needs blown out. The small slit that the laser shines thru on this sensor is ver narrow, about 1/64th of an inch and can easily become plugged. Move to needle # 1 and aggressively blow it out with compressed air, then move to needle # 16 and do it again.

Head not up errors....Excessive drag on the needle bars, the reciprocator shaft, takeup lever cam disk or anything the Z motor controls the movement of will/may cause the not at headup error command. Has the complete machine had a "good" lubrication sequence done on it?

Hook timing.....I have to assume it was done properly using the "closest needle" designation? Also the retaining support finger gap. Was a gauge used to set this gap? This gap is not to be confused with the needle guard gap which is the gap between the face of the rotory hook and the backside of the needle.

Are you using a CROSS-OVER cable as was mentioned before?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Last edited by Rod or Sharon; 12-25-2016, 01:21 AM.
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Well as far as the x carriage rails i just relubed everything, machine hasnt been used dor a while so i kinda went through and relubed everything, maybe x motor us going bad, not sure.

Optical sensors, i removed all needle heads cleaned and relubed in hopes this will help. I right now have the heads removed lower rail off, i have the plastic left and right covers off, i am going to relube all interior parts like cam, etc.. hopfully tomorrow after festivities die down.i had cleaned sensors before the the errors started but i will give it another cleaning while its apart.

hook timing , i assume i did it cotrectly as well, i used guages and set to my machines recommended settings.

I am hsing a crossover cable, i can try a different one, i have 3

Comment

Is there a way to test x motor to see if its bad?

Comment

quote---" i removed all needle heads cleaned and relubed in hopes this will help. I right now have the heads removed lower rail off."

What do you mean by this? What are you calling a "needle head "?

Did you check the X cable tension?

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
            quote---" i removed all needle heads cleaned and relubed in hopes this will help. I right now have the heads removed lower rail off."

What do you mean by this? What are you calling a "needle head "?

Did you check the X cable tension?
            The 4 packs that hold the needle assemblies

Comment

I hope you have had some serious technical training. It took me three years of additional training before Melco considered me to be a Level 3 tech and qualified to be able to disasemmble a needlecase in the field. Even at that, I was given special jigs to replace one or more 4 packs and only one at a time would ever be taken out so as to keep proper alignment with the other 3.

Needlecase 's are not something that should be disassembled. The needle packs have a specific order in which they are assembled. The closest needle is determined by applying expensive analog gauges to measure the distance from a given centerline. the closest needle is critical in the hook timing process...etc...etc...etc.....The screws/bolts that hold the packs are only torqued to 8 inch lbs of pressure.

At this point in time, I can only wish you luck. You really need an experienced certified tech.......

Rod Springer
              Senior Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Ibdo have an extensive amount of guages as far as training i have a very mechanical background and have dealt with older embroidery machines extensively, the reason for the pack changes were to replace broken ones the people i purchased the machines looked as if they broke several needle packs as well as the optical sensors, had called melco tech and at some point may require his asistance but for now im trying to figure out everytging needed so i can have a minimal bill from tech , seeeung as how it may wind up costing less for a new machine that is why i asked if there is a way to test x motor i have electrical guages but just arent sure what ohms are needed to run properly or to tell if motor is shot

Comment

Onether problem may be that the neddlexases I purchased are slightly , I mean slightly different, looks like they are from newer machines

Comment

Onether problem may be that the neddlexases I purchased are slightly , I mean slightly different, looks like they are from newer machines cases 3 and 4 needed.replacing

Comment

Ok, so a quick update, it looks as though the Christmas spirit was with me on this day, I suppose, especially since you made this sound especially difficult. But all parts lubed cleaned and reinstalled and everything works! Phew thanks for the info , im still not 100% sure all xmotor is fine as it doesnt sound normal but it is working, for now, I guess the good thing is I have another for parts if need be!

Comment

Working...
                      X