3D Puff Cap with Squared Edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Puff Cap with Squared Edges

I have been asked to find out how to sew 3d foam on caps with the edges squared and not rounded off. Not finding any information on any sites so thought I would try here. I have only seen this on a hat a customer brought in months ago and I do not have a picture as an example. Anyone know how to create this effect?

I just happen to know the answer to that question! It depends on the hardness of the foam. The harder the foam the squarer the corners. Check out http://www.gunold.com/s/56002/ or call Gunold. That is where I got mine.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have tried some 3mm foam that seemed dense to me, but if this stuff is really stiff perhaps it works. Any other settings I should be aware of to make it look as good as possible? Tension perhaps.

Comment

If I were you, I'd get a couple of sheets of the dense foam from Gunold and see if it works. If what you have doesn't work, then it is not the right stuff.

Comment

Ordered, thanks for the help

Comment

Presser foot up enough to not smash the foam down. And remember to lower it for normal flat stitching.
            Do the 3D foam last with all other embroider done first.
            Density is really heavy about 15 to 20 where normal is 40
            Try not to have any stitching in the center of the foam. No underlay.
            Corners are difficult. You don't want to smash them down like in regular 3D. So you have to do corners by stitching at a 45 deg angle from both sides before doing the normal stitching at 90 deg. This will cover the ends as best as it can be done.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I finally did get the foam and my company was very pleased by the results. Still having a few issues with the corners spreading out, but I will keep trying your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X