Amaya XT Pulling fabric apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT Pulling fabric apart?

Satin stitches seem to be pulling the fabric apart creating holes. See attached images.
    There is also a lot of top thread on the back of the design. Various bobbin tensions have been used to remedy or change this and nothing as any affect.

Hook timing was checked this morning and was spot on. Needle spacing seemed correct. Support arm is gapped correctly. Needle is dead center in the hole of the presser plate. Bobbin tension was varied in steps from normal to very loose in small increments. There was no affect other than false bobbin breaks as the tension reached the looser settings.

This seems to only occur with satin fill. Tatami fills are fine as shown in the attached images.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Thank you very much.
    Rick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RickBFCCreations; 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: 3 images added
    Rick Booker
    BFC-Creations.com
    Melco EMT 16X

I would double up on the backing, and change the material feed. Go into settings, and find it there. Increase the minimum.

I actually have more top thread on the reverse side than you show. It keeps the bobbin thread from displaying on the front.

HTH,
    Judy

Comment

What type of backing are you using? This is a very loosely woven fabric and needs the extra support of a good cutaway, in my opinion. There is nothing to hold the stitches in place, so they are pulling the weave of the fabric open. The material feed should be based on the combined thickness of your fabric and backing not on the weave of the fabric. Home embroidery machines recommend 1/2 bobbin and 1/2 top thread (with half of this on each side) similar to the wider satin columns in your pictures, but much more top thread showing on the back is not only acceptable, it is recommended with these commercial machines. I believe it was Rod who told me this; maybe he can tell us why.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
        We use two layers of tear away backing. The muslin we used is a fairly tight weave. It might look loose because that's where it's being torn/pulled by whatever is causing the problem.
        Thanks again.
        Rick Booker
        BFC-Creations.com
        Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Listen to Mama Kass....the tear away is your problem....use a cutaway..

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

We have used the same backing, two layers of tear away and this type of fabric with several designs over the last ten years on this machine with no problems like this.

We have modified the design using various stitch angles and have drastically reduced the fabric pulling.

Thank you for all the replies.
            Rick
            Rick Booker
            BFC-Creations.com
            Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Working...
            X