Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I digitize small lettering/lines within a logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I digitize small lettering/lines within a logo?

I've sorta got the hang of digitizing (just the basics so far), but one issue I've run into is small lettering on logos such as this: http://www.massdevice.com/wp-content...edical-7x4.jpg or even the fish scales on this particular picture? http://www.massdevice.com/wp-content...edical-7x4.jpg

What tools would I use to digitize these particular designs? I have DesignShop Pro+ if that matters.

You must make the column wide enough to actually be a column instead of a squiggly line. Skinny is NOT good for embroidery! Just thicken it up a bit. Your customer will probably just not notice and if they do, remind them that all is not possible with embroidery machines. And that is the truth!
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

BTW, I took your graphic and, using "Stitch Graphic Region" auto digitized it and I think it is acceptable. 2 inches wide looks very nice. Don't forget to tie in and tie off especially if you are going to trim either with the machine or manually between letters. And also use underlay.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
        BTW, I took your graphic and, using "Stitch Graphic Region" auto digitized it and I think it is acceptable. 2 inches wide looks very nice. Don't forget to tie in and tie off especially if you are going to trim either with the machine or manually between letters. And also use underlay.
        I suppose my question was, should I be using column 1/2 for small lettering and things like that? I took the first graphic (ICUMedical) and stitch graphic region only works with the first three letters. I sent you a PM if you wanna take a look at it. Thanks!
        Last edited by teknetic123; 03-18-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

ICUmedical

you should try something like this

I have not stitched this out but it should be in the ballpark
          the thin letters are 8 point you may need to go a bit higher
          or reduce the density to 4.4 instead of 4.
          Attached Files
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

opps
            do a center walk underlay it will keep it looking straight.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

email me if you would like the file...
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
              X