Horrible Noise when the Needle Case Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Noise when the Needle Case Moves

I have a 3 month old XT, everything is running great when all of a sudden, it sounds like the Marine Sniper School has taken over the machine. Every time the needle case moves (left or right) there is a LOUD!! Popping Noise. Sounds like metal on metal. It usually does this when you turn the machine on and after a while it quits, but sometimes when you manually move the needle case you run for cover. Thinking abut a trip to the local Army Surplus store for Battle Gear. My wife talked to someone at Melco and He/She advised the machine was just getting used to the needles?????? What ever that means. Anyone seen this before. I cannot physically find a problem but haven't taken a hammer to it.

Thanks
    Gary and Anita

YES! I had a similar popping noise as the needle case moved from color to color. The tech told me it was the gears in back that were not correctly aligned and were hitting one another as they passed by - sorry for not having all the technical terms and can't remember the name of the piece he replaced.
    Anyway, it was the single plastic gear behind the needle case causing the problems and he replaced it. Working fine ever since.
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

You need Brian (StringNet) to jump in here. We've had the same problem and if you don't correct it, you WILL need a tech to REPLACE something. There is a way to 're-align' the needle carrier, in the program where you go to 'head up' and that stuff but I cannot remember it right now...very easy to do and that noise will disappear. It's a mechanical alignment but you can reset it.
      But let it keep going on and you will have damage!
      Roland

Comment

IN Amaya OS, go to maintenance&gt;steppers&gt;thread feed&gt;home&gt;ok, and see if that helps.
        Gregory

Comment

I was in a hurry a while ago, and did not explain that the thread feed motor gears are probably not "meshing" with the thread feed roller gears, and this is the "pop" you are most likely hearing. And, yes, if you keep hearing it, it won't be long before you'll need a tech...
          Gregory

Comment

Does anyone know who the tech is that services Tucson? I have relocated from Florida and "Gracie" will be needing a through check-up. I too get the "clicks" always just after doing the thread feed maintenance. But once the head moves through the needles it seems to "set". I will try the above.
            Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Gabi- after the 4 million stitch maintenance, make sure that each thread feed roller is completely "engaged" in its spot- ypu will know this by firms presssing the roller with your finger and trying to "turn" the roller in a down ward direction- it will click, probably several times- when it is in the proper position you will feel it- you will be in between clicks.
              Gregory

Comment

behind the thread feed roller (bottom w/the gears) is yet another gear, that engages the two that are mentioned earlier, and all 3 must "mesh". Darned Amayas- gotta love em...
                Gregory

Comment

Go into maint. in the O.S. screen click on steppers Needle case #1 position . Color change home thread feed home proceed through each needle to number 16 then move needle case back to #1 position and this should take care of the clicking noise.

Curtis

Comment

I know you are getting all the help you need but just wanted to say this happened to us too...we knew what it was and could see looking down the back at the gears what was happening...Don was able to 're-align' it and so far it hasn't happened again...that was a couple of years ago and it does make a terrbile sound...have a great day and until next time...

Jenny
                    Westbrook Wonders
                    Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone who jumped in on this one. My wife finally talked to another tech at Melco. He talked her through several maintenance procedures and so far no more noise. She has been going full blast. Unfortunately she did not get the name of the 1st tech at Melco that told her the machine was just getting used to the needles...... Anyway, thanks again everyone.

Gary and Anita McBroom

Comment

Hi, Hoping someone could give me a little added advice on a problem with clicking when my needle case moves. This is happening between the first and third needle positions. I have changed out the thread feeder gear, but I am still getting the clicking. The machine is embroidering okay so I am not sure whether I should be worrying or not. Thank you.

Yolanda
                        Embroider-ism

Comment

Yolanda,
                          The gears that move the needle case across the front of the machine are out of alignment. There is a simple fix. Go into OS, Tools, Maintenance, Steppers. Under Steppers you will find several columns. The column you want to move to is for color change. Click on the Home button and the machine will move to needle 1. Now click on Needle+ button and the machine will move to needle 2. Hit Home again and the machine will move back to needle 1. Hit Needle + twice and move to needle 3. Alternate back and forth to Home and the needle+ button to move all the way across to 16. This is putting the gears back into the correct place. The loud clicking should go away. If you don't get them back in place they will eventually wear wrong or chip the gears. It happens occasionally.
                          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I have this happen on my XTS, it has happened twice now, usualy going from needle 2 to the right.

Comment

Awhile ago I had a horrible grind noise, very loud...when the machine started to move. I called Melco, and had to buy some sort of tool to tighten a cable on the (looking to right side,) under the grey cover, and watch a video on how to tighten it. Did the trick! Now it seems, I have the issue again. I am embarrassed to admit, but after almost 15 yrs of running my Amaya, I've had 3 now, I know almost nothing as to how this machine works. I read these posts, and am totally clueless. I push the green button and miraculously...it works. But, now I can't even remember what the tool looked like. Anyone?
                              Susan
                              @Hidden Cottage
                              Hidden Cottage

Comment

Working...
                              X