Trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimmer

I am embroidering small numbers and every time the trimmer goes to trip, it totally snaps the thread and causes a thread break. The machine is stitching fine until it tries to trim and go to the next letter. I pulled the machine apart, oiled the trimmer to see if that would work and it looks like all is in the right place.

Any suggestions?

My baby has been getting tempermental that way too. I tried the "hold the left arrow button and press the up arrow button" on the keypad attached to the machine. The machine makes a "thunk". I press start. The mis-trims stop for quite a while.

Comment

Try changing the thread trim length or using a different tie-in and/or tie-off type of knot.
      Gregory

Comment

Well, I'm not sure which one worked, but something did. It's not perfect, but definately better.

Thanks!

Comment

Your knife could just be getting dull as well- it is relatively easy to replace if you are mechanically inclined. How long since the blade has been replaced, if at all?
          Gregory

Comment

Gregory - How often do you replace the blade? My machine stopped cutting bobbin thread just today and it's about a year old.
            Janet

Comment

My 4 red original Amayas, have never had the blades changed and we use them all daily. So I must be luck, huh?

Hope I didn't just jinx us... lol
              Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Oh I forget to mention they are around 10 years old.
                Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Guys...

Going back to the first post...."every time the trimmer goes to trip, it totally snaps the thread and causes a thread break." This probably means that the selector cable wire is bent, thereby shortening the overall stroke of the selector and it is missing picking up either the bobbin thread, the top thread or both. The grabber blade then trys to shove the uncut threads up into the grabber trap, stretching the poo out of them and sometimes breaking them while stretched and sling shotting the thread up through the guides...

The cable needs to be straightened or replaced and/or the trimmer selector needs to be adjusted.

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I agree this may be the problem, Rod, as you are always on the money. I keep a cable for the selector and the trim knife on hand, because I know its going to happen again. Changing the cable is the easy part for me, getting it adjusted is the tricky part.
                    Gregory

Comment

I searched and found this. Sounds like it is my problem.
                      Gonna ask my tech
                      Thanks again,
                      Dave Janis

Comment

How do you adjust the trimmer selector on XTS machine?

Comment

Working...
                        X