stitching not looking good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitching not looking good

I am stitching the Brush Script2 font straight out of DS Pro+ (version 7)at .5" on a stable tricot with a good quality cutaway mesh style backing and it looks like crap (sorry) I changed the desity to 3.8 from the 4 it was at and it isn't a smooth satiny look at all. It is bumpy and has stragly looking threads, not a nice smooth column look to it at all. Please help me with this. I am trying to put a couple names on some jackets for the coach's. The logo's turned out amazing and I would hate for the jacket to be ruined by some horrible looking text on their names!! Thanks

Debbie, look at your code sheet for Brush Script 2. The minimum size is .31 and the maximum for that font is 1". Is there another font that you can use?
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Oops Debbie, my apologies. I misread your post as being 5" and not .5---sorry!
      Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Debbie
        You might increase the pull comp and go higher on the density to maybe 5 or 6. If the stitches are bumpy I think you have too many trying to stitch in one place.
        Margaret
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

What underlay are you using. I find for me a zig zag 25 pt , 70% ,seems to help hold the threads up for a nice finish. And on the larger type I will add a center line. My standard density is 5. Try a pull comp of 110% with a 5 to 10 pt width.
          Also on the machine set-up try 103 for your thread setting.
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Debbie, you should be using Auto Density on just about all your fonts until you have a good grasp of the mechanics of how to digitize small lettering.
            Also make sure you have Short Stitches turned off. I know that in the Design Shop version 9, it is defaulted "on". I turn this off on every customer I visit. (With their permission of course.)
            Also, don't forget that when you type in a letter height of .5, that is the size for capital letters and that means that the lowercase letters will be much, much smaller. Make sure your lowercase letters aren't going below the recommended size in the code sheets.

Ed
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Thanks guys & gals for all the tips & tricks!

Comment

Working...
              X