Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread Breaks( Not sure if this is proper term)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Breaks( Not sure if this is proper term)

For some reason, the thread does not trim properly so when the front grabber moves to sweep the thread back, it causes the thread to break. I didn't know if something may be wrong with the trimmer, I have cleaned underneath the needle plate and all surrounding areas thoroughly. I also didn't know if there may be a setting I can change to fix this. I wasn't having this problem until about a week ago and nothing has been changed, no settings. It doesn't do it every time, mostly when changing colors or in a design with a lot of trims. If anyone has experienced this, your help will be GREATLY appreciated.. I tried to call Melco and can't get through so I e-mailed and haven't heard back yet.

The only change I can think of is about a month ago, the tech on the phone with me realized we were not up to date on our software and updated me to v10.. maybe there is a setting I need to fix.

Thanks!!!

Is this an XT or XTS? There is a possibility that the cutter/selector pushrod wires/cables are bowed or bent therefore not allowing the cutter/selector to travel to their proper specifications.

This usually happens from lack of lubrication and/or debris causing friction/drag in allowing the cutter/selector to slide freely. The assembly may need to be adjusted, pushrods straightened or replaced or sufficient lubrication added to free up the system.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Could also be the blade that is worn out or broken.

happened to me several times..

that thread got broken after "cut" and frontgrabber "breaking thread"..
      reason was either broken blade. or thread debris stuck around knife. or pushrod jumped out.
      usually easy fix...

Comment

OR if you have been using Spray Adhesive, that can, literally, gum up the works. You can not see the glue at all in the knife area, even if there is a ton of it, but if you have recently been using it, you can be sure it is there. A WD40 wash will get the glue out.

Juli in Kona - Been there, done that!
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I was trying to do a cosmetic bag and could not hoop. Any ideas. Also, yesterday all my thread was working now none of them work. Help

Comment

You might want to research Fast Frames or the smaller Clamping System. I think you can find both at Melco Mart. That is what I use.
            Sharon

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by your thread not working.

Comment

Not sure what fast frames are. Is clamping used with the hat system. Sorry for question new at this. When I meant thread not working is that they broke each time I tried to embroider.

Comment

Fast Frames...... http://www.fastframes.com/7_in_one.htm

Slimline clamping system....

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

These can be used to do the sides and/or backs of caps, but the 270 degree cap driver should be installed on the machine to do the front areas. There is a frame that goes on the cap driver called the "Pocket Clamp" and it can be use to do embroidery on various items as well as the front, sides, and back of some caps

As to the thread breakage, the first question I would ask is---how high are you running your "presser foot"? I "cog wheel" that adjusts the presser foot up and down needs to be turned "counter clockwise" ALL the way to the left and then back up maybe one or two clicks. If the presser foot is too high, it will allow the material to jump up and down ( called flagging) and will result in thread breaks as you described.

What kind of backing are you using, hopefully it is a cut-a-way and not a tear-a-way? But, what material are you trying to sew on?

Under "Tools, Settings, Threadfeed", what is the Auto lower limit set to? This should be set to 1 or 2 unless you are do caps of some specialty/custom embroidery work.

Rod Springer

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLofman View Post
                    Could also be the blade that is worn out or broken.

happened to me several times..

that thread got broken after "cut" and frontgrabber "breaking thread"..
                    reason was either broken blade. or thread debris stuck around knife. or pushrod jumped out.
                    usually easy fix...
                    I am having a similar issue.... thread not cutting so I have a mass of uncut threads on top and bottom. Sometimes the thread is broken as the machine is moved to the next color needle. I have cleaned inside and am not finding any loose threads. I'm wondering if I have a broken blade. So.. if I need a new blade, do you know what part number it is? I'm also scouring around in the help screen to find out how to replace the blade. where can I find this info??

Comment

Diane, before trying to replace your blades there are other things you need to check out and, since the Big Red and XTS knife systems are different, what type of machine do you have? Here are some posts on this subject to get you started:

Comment

Thank you for your help... I think I found the problem!! Once again, I removed the top and bottom covers. When I looked VERY closely, I noticed a thread that was wound around the post quite a few times. It took awhile but I carefully unwound it, put everything back together... and it magically trims again!!

Comment

Glad to hear it. It seems as though every time I prepare to deal with some big disaster, someone on this site points out something that turns out to be very simple.

Comment

Working...
                          X